Sunday, July 25, 2010

Just a thought...



Tonight I find myself looking through many of the photographs taken over the course of my life, but mainly the last year or so. I never took a second to realize how lucky and free I was. I have two of the BEST parents who have allowed me to run, live, learn, fall down, and pick myself back up; it has made me a better person. Who knew the kind of person I would be now, and I'm still wondering who I'll be tomorrow..

Remember those lovely days of kindergarten? Remember when no matter what you did, you were still cute as a button. Heart break was an unknown feeling and giggles came no matter what. The first girl you met was your best friend one minute, and the next you weren't friends because she wanted to be the mom when you played "house". The first little boy you set eyes on was your boyfriend whom you were madly in love with. Remember the days that felt like they went on forever, and time passed so slowly. The year drug on forever, and a yucky dinner was the worst thing that could happen in a days time. It seems like just yesterday life was that simple. Now 18 years later I'm thinking what happened to those days. One minute I was a lively toddler, then making my way through grade school. Finally I had gotten to high school and in the blink of an eye that was over. During those four years I couldn't wait to get up and out and I was going to do anything and everything to make it on my own. To my surprise it was not as easy as they always make it seem... College was a dream and I was lost in what to do with my life. It seemed as if I was going nowhere very fast and I couldn't stand the disappointment in myself for letting things go the way they were going.

Now I sit here in my dorm, an Airman in the United States Air Force. When did this happen? Just 2 months ago I was a wild teen out all hours of the night partying hard with nothing better to do at 5 in the morning. I now have a career, and a life. It is still hard to grasp and at times it's hard to believe that I am actually starting my own life. It feels like a dream, like I'm going to end up back with my parents and going to go back to high school or something crazy. As I look back on the years past I realize just how much fun I had- I was extremely lucky to be able to have such fun and experience so many great times! There are so many more memories on the way, and though sometimes the road is bumpy, the sky is cloudy and I'm low on gas, I know I have all I need to make it through. Every day is a new day and I cannot wait to find out what amazing things the future has in store for me!

Just a thought.
xoxo, Jess

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures and nicely written! I miss you and love you very much! We are SO VERY PROUD of you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete