Thursday, November 12, 2009

JAY-OH-BEE

That's right, it spells JOB. The thing I've been looking for... I just somehow happened to stumble upon two of them today. And the story begins......

Well, a couple months ago (August-ish) I was in Clovis with cousin Patty looking for a job. I applied at numerous places, yet had no luck. I was hoping for a job at Red Robin since I already have experience from when I worked at RR in Tennessee. No calls or anything, so I went back to Bakersfield to try my luck there. Well, it wasn't so great and I've been jobless ever since (besides the NOR volleyball coaching, but I don't count that).

A new Forever 21 store is opening up in the mall this month, so my friend Blake and I went to the open interviews today to see if we could snatch a job. We both went through the process and he was asked to come back at 2 pm- I wasn't :( But I was NOT going to take no for an answer! I went back at 2 with him and somehow ended up getting a job. The only downer is that MANDATORY orientation is on Tues, Nov. 17 @ 10 am. I will not be in town because I committed to being a medical shadow at Camp KEEP Nov. 16-20. I explained that to the people hosting the open interviews and they pretty much gave me a big fat, that sucks. The manager said I could re-apply when I returned from KEEP. This totally bummed me out, I just BS'd my way into this job, and now I'm not even going to be able to do it.... Anyway, so Blake and I leave the mall and go to my last volleyball practice (which got cancelled due to rain-yay!). Right as we were about to leave I got a phone call. It was Red Robin from Clovis. I had put in an app months ago and followed up for a couple weeks before I gave up on them. The guy, Richard, told me he wanted to set up an interview. I explained I would be gone the following week for Camp KEEP, so he set up an interview for Nov. 23 @ 2 pm. I'm really excited considering RR is where I wanted a job in the first place.

The only problem with this whole mess is:
1.) I really want the Forever 21 job since it's in Bakersfield and I wouldn't have to leave my friends...and parents.
2.) I CANT have the job at Forever 21 because I committed to being a medical shadow at Camp KEEP months ago.
3.) I don't want my parents mad at me for wanting the RR job in Clovis.
4.) There shouldn't be any problems...I JUST NEED A JOB!

Besides all of that, I have DEP Commander Call Saturday @ 9 am and my last volleyball game at 12:30. Then all next week I'll be at Camp KEEP!

1 comment: